Some people don’t get it, and I get that they don’t get it. That’s fine, because they’re missing out. Mad Max: Fury Road, by every academic standard, is a near perfect film. It comes as little surprise the fan-base is growing and hosting faux post-apocalyptic conventions. One of the most vibrant of these weekend excursions is titled Wasteland Weekend.
Wasteland Weekend takes the most hardcore fans of dystopian fantasy and conducts impressive shows and activities. The convention is considered an “adults-only” outing, and perhaps for good reason. According to the official website, the mature audience is required because of the following bullet points.
- Live bands and top DJs from California, Nevada, Arizona and beyond
- Combat and stunt performers
- Fire dancers, wasteland burlesque, post-apocalyptic-style sideshow and circus acts and more
- An armada of post-apocalyptic vehicles driven in from all over the country
- Wasteland merchants vending their wares and services in “Bartertown”
- Jugger – The post-apocalyptic bloodsport of the future
- Vehicle cruises
- Themed games, contests, and activities
You can see why you wouldn’t want youngsters roaming the sands as the Mad Max fantasy spills out into reality.
This year’s event already happened, and in case you couldn’t make it, we have pictures for you to take a look at below.
FEATURED IMAGE CREDIT: Cormac Kehoe